Alamo Paphos Airport
Alamo's services are more geared to people travelling for private reasons, so they are a popular car hire supplier for leisure travellers. They have been operating for over 40 years and pioneered concepts like unlimited mileage. They also were the first to offer real-time online bookings, and the first to offer online check-in.
Alamo serves Paphos airport, but their services are provided by Enterprise Rent-a-Car. They also don't have an office in the terminal building so you will be required to catch a shuttle bus, which they offer for free, to their depot which is a couple of kilometres away.
Here are some instructions for arriving and departing passengers:
- Vehicle Collection – The meeting point is located 50 meters opposite the exit from the arrivals hall, just passed the walk way to the parking lot P5. There is a shuttle that runs from the meting point every 10 minutes and it will take approximately 3 minutes to travel to their depot. You can call their office on the number at the bottom of the page is you have trouble finding them or if you need assistance.
- Vehicle Return – When you return a vehicle you must take it to their depot and they will take you to the airport via their shuttle bus. For directions by road, take the exit to Paphos airport on the A6 to the B6. Turn right and continue for 800 meters, where you will find their depot located on the left-hand side of the road.
If you want to rent from Alamo but are not at the airport, they do offer a free delivery and collection service. This service or only available during normal working hours and is up to 15 kilometres from the depot in Paphos. Over this distance, they can still deliver and collect a vehicle, but it will cost €15.00 plus €0.70 for every kilometre extra.
The vehicle they supply are all in good mechanical order and the overall condition is excellent. Most of their cars are within 3 years of age and serviced regally, so you shouldn't have any problems during your rental period. Vehicles also come with power steering, airbags, ABS brakes, air conditioning and CD players, and all are unlimited mileage unless stated otherwise.
The categories they offer, and the typical vehicle you would expect to receive in each category are as follows:
- Mini - Kia Picanto / Nissan Pixo
- Economy - Ford Fiesta
- Compact - Ford Focus / Nissan Note
- Compact Jeep - Suzuki Jimny
- Compact SUV - Daihatsu Terios
- Intermediate Wagon - Ford C Max / Kia Ceed
- Standard - Volkswagen Passat / Renault Fluence
- Intermediate Van - Opel Zafira / Renault Grand Scenic
- Intermediate SUV - Nissan Qashqai / Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Fullsize Van - Peugeot Expert
- Luxury - BMW 520D
Alamo's rates are very reasonable, so for a vehicle in the Mini category you would expect to pay around €110.00 per week and €2,100.00 per week for a luxury vehicle like the BMW 520. These prices are based on a rental in high season and bookings that are made online in advance. Prices can be cheaper in low-season, or more expensive if you book on arrival.
Mega Alexandrou 2 Mandria,
Telephone: +357 26422288 or +357 99777067